what's your damage?

Sunday, March 27, 2011

zone 6

Prior to moving to East Atlanta I lived in Gwinnett. Norcorss, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Stone Mountain, Lilburn..just about everywhere. Partied at the semi local bars [the blue moose, taco mac, eastside station, diggers and the oh so flashy trashy sportsline] and thought I had it made..until now. East Atlanta has devoured my lifestyle and a little bit of my soul. Easy access to bar after bar after bar. The bar hoppers dream as I would call it. There's blue frog cantina, the earl, graveyard, eastside lounge, flat iron, and my personal favorite..mary's..the gay bar. The only bar in East Atlanta where you'll see men with hands down eachothers pants and guys gone wild playing on all the tv's without censors. It's so out there, that it's unreal. Almost to the point you just can't tear your eyes away from all the shenanigans afraid that you're going to miss the next off the wall thing.

I've lived down Glenwood Avenue since October. And since October I don't think there has been 1 single day that I haven't had an alcoholic type beverage in my hand. Thanks East Atlanta Village. My liver appreciates it. Not only is it scattered smothered and covered in bars..but the more I live down here and the more I get out, the more people I meet. In result, every person I meet in some way or another live within walking distance away. Plus side, someone has got to have beer to provide me on Sundays when our house is dry. Down side, visits in the middle of the night from drunk people that want to continue the party until the sun comes up. Awfully annoying if I might say. But down here, you give and you take. I'll take the drunk bastards at 4 am any day in exchange for the alcoholics dream of bars just 4 blocks stumbling distance away.

East Atlanta has perks. Bars, friends, shows and much more. But what I can do without is, worrying if I'm going to be mugged or robbed at gun point - even in day light. Having to watch people that are walking behind you and have the slightest suspicion that they're probably carrying a hot weapon and want to fondle my goodies. It's terrible that I have to walk with all my items [cell phone, house key, drivers license etc] pretty much shoved down my panties in fear that when and or if the time comes that I get mugged..the last place they'll think to ask me to dig into besides my pockets will be my panties. Clever, right? I'd like to think so.


The most practical part of the village for me at least, would be the Atlanta Burglar Bar Company near the corner of Glenwood and Flat Shoals. Gives me a giggle every time I walk by. Crime is apparently that bad that we need metal bars on our windows and doors. And I'll admit, our house too has burglar bars on it. With my sense of humor, when first moving into our house..it tickled me to have them..made me feel dangerous. Livin' the thug life like a true playa.

Living down here, I feel more at home than I've ever felt. I can be myself. Tattoos, piercings, chucks, skinny jeans..just about anything goes down here. Do I think I'll ever get tired of this scene? Highly doubtful. Well, at least until I go the creating and starting a family route. Until then, party on.


I live in Atlanta's best kept secret..with all the risks and drunken bastards. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chef said...

You've got my attention. Good start Penny.

March 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home